Welcome to Economics in Action.
Michael Roberts ’92
Professor of Finance, the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Read what our undergraduate and graduate
students have been up to.
The inaugural Women in Economics Alumnae Conference offered new mentoring opportunities.
Many of our undergraduate students are interested in getting involved in research.
Congratulations to the graduate students and the faculty who supported them for our students’ success on the job market this year.
Faculty in the News
- Why Trump Now?
- Are Free Trade Agreements Good or Bad?
- Trump Vows to 'Break' NAFTA, but Many Workers May Owe Their Jobs to Free Trade
- Fighting Truancy Among India’s Teachers, With a Pistol and a Stick
- Young India on the Move
- Two UC San Diego Faculty Receive Prestigious Sloan Research Fellowships
- EconoMeter Predictions for 2016
- How Plunging Oil Prices Threaten the US Economy
- Oil Crash Lifts Consumers, Not World Economy
- Should Restaurants Ban Tipping?
- New Company from GiveDirectly Founders Aims to Streamline Payment Systems
- Instead of Programs, Giving Money with No Strings Attached
- What If We Just Gave Poor People a Basic Income for Life?
- How to Get Dads to Take Parental Leave? Seeing Other Dads Do It
- Family Welfare Cultures: Evidence from Norway’s System of Disability Insurance
- Lessons From Norway May Help Nudge American Dads Into Taking Paternity Leave
- Research and the Real World
- Why ISIL Will Fail on Its Own
- Is University Research Missing What Matters Most?
- How Fresh Funding Structures Could Support Research with Impact
- Airport Terror: Increase Security Net?
- Floating Another Way to Pay for New Water
- Why Affluent Parents Put So Much Pressure on Their Kids
- How A San Diego Charter School Beat the Odds
- Racial Identity, and Its Hostilities, Are on the Rise in American Politics
- San Diego’s New Graduation Policy on Course to Score Big Wins and Losses
- New Graduation Requirements Are Leaving Behind Students They Were Supposed to Help
- Second Research Report Validates San Diego Unified’s Plan to Increase Graduation Rates
- High School Grad Rates Will Fall, Study Predicts
- Study: San Diego Graduation Rates Expected to Drop
- Society needs to better understand the economics of climate change, researchers say
- The Crazy Idea That Higher Oil Prices Might Be Good for the Economy Right Now
- Would a Higher Minimum Wage Help or Hurt Workers?
Issue 14 : June, 2016
- Tailoring Contracts for Polio Eradication
- First Women in Economics Alumnae Conference
- Undergradutes Work with Grad Students, Gain Experience through Pilot Program
- Job Placement Strong for Grads