News & Events
- Halbert L. White, University of California, San Diego, Professor, dies at age 61
- Why is Oil so Dear?
- What the IRS Could Learn from Mormons
- 93 Genius Ideas from the Lab to Improve Your Life
- Numbers that Sway Markets and Voters
- Why Gas Prices Vary So Much from One Place to the Next
- Do the Unemployed Turn to Insurgency?
- From Schooling to Learning
- Does Fiscal Stimulus Work?
- There's Need for a Reward and REcognition System for Teachers
- Rick Santorum Thinks Gas Prices Caused the Recession. Is He Right?
- Economics in Action: Issue 5
- Are Home and Auto Sales Holding Back the Recovery?
- A Stock Market Versus a Market of Stocks
- Math Assessments Give San Diego Students Testing Boost
- Economists Predict Slight Improvement One Year From Today
- Jobs Bill Should Pass, Says Tax Expert Gordon
- Union Tribune feature on Hal White
- Does Stimulus Spending Work?
- US Study on Iraq, Afghanistan Say Focus on Small Projects to Win Hearts, Minds
- Women Hit Hard by Budget Cuts
- Hamilton Sees Faster U.S. Growth as Recession Odds Rise (video)
- Fed May Weigh More Stimulus on Flagging Recovery Signs
- How Much Did Politics Play Into The Debt Deal?
- Checkpoints, Not Checks
- Will an NFL Lockout Really Start a Crime Wave?
- Double Standard for Fuel Efficiency is Literally Killing Americans
- Private Sector Recovering at Expense of Public Sector
- High-Stress Motherhood: Souped-up schedules, helicopter parenting and a lack of social support combine to create a new level of pressure. And then there's the day care issue.