After Returning from Abroad
Upon your return, you will need to petition the courses you took abroad in order to receive academic credit toward major or minor requirements.
- Wait until your coursework appears on your Academic History on TritonLink before beginning the petition process.
- Once the courses post, you will need to complete an Undergraduate Student Petition for each course you want to apply toward your Department of Economics major/minor.
- Each petition should include:
- The course number as it appears on TritonLink.
- The course title.
- Indicate if the course was taken through EAP or OAP.
- If the course is taken through OAP, you will need to provide a copy of an unofficial transcript for the course.
- The University where the course was taken.
- The quarter/semester you took the course.
- All coursework (i.e. syllabus, notes, exams, and papers).
- Submit to the Economics Undergradute Advising Office (Sequoyah Hall room 245) during in walk-in advising hours.
- We will contact you via your UCSD e-mail account once your petition has been reviewed; this usually takes about one-two weeks. Please pick-up your petitions and coursework once you have been contacted.
Department Residency Requirement
To receive a bachelor of arts degree in economics, no more than four upper-division courses taken externally from UC San Diego can be counted toward the major.
To receive a bachelor of science degree in management science, no more than six upper-division courses taken externally from UC San Diego can be counted toward the major.
To receive a bachelor of science degree in joint mathematics/economics, no more than three upper-division courses taken externally from UC San Diego can be counted toward the major.