Exam Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- When students request accommodations to standard policy and/or procedure in UC San Diego academic departments due to a disability, eligibility is determined by the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD), in conjunction with the technical standards and learning outcomes of the academic major, department and college.
- Please refer to the OSD website for further information on requesting academic accommodations: disabilities.ucsd.edu/students/
Step 2: Present Authorization for Accommodation (AFA) Letter to Instructor and Department Liaison at the Beginning of the Quarter
- It is essential that students present their current quarter AFA letter to both the course instructor and the Economics Department OSD Liaison at the beginning of the quarter, or as soon as the letter is issued.
- Students should have the instructor sign their AFA letter before bringing it to the Economics Department Liaison, in Sequoyah Hall 245.
- The Department Liaison must have a copy of the AFA letter-signed by the instructor-on file before the student will receive any exam accommodations.
- Students are authorized to receive accommodations only as listed on the current AFA letter on file. AFA letters are only valid for a specific term and must be renewed each quarter.
Step 3: Complete Economics Department Administration of Exam Form (available from Department Liaison)
- Students are required to complete and sign the Economics Department Administration of Exam Form. Forms are distributed to students when they present their AFA letter to the Department Liaison at the beginning of the quarter.
- This short form simply asks that students read and acknowledge the Economics Department policies for exam accommodation.
- A copy of the submitted form can be made available to students upon request.
Step 4: Schedule Exams with Department Liaison and Inform Instructor with advance notice (continually throughout quarter)
- Students should come by the Economics Department (Sequoyah Hall 245) to schedule exams with the Department OSD Liaison.
- All exams must be scheduled with at least three business days/72 university business hours advance notice.
- All exams must be administered during regular office hours, M-F 8:00a-4:00p, unless otherwise arranged with the instructor or TA serving as proctor after hours.
- As a courtesy, students are asked to inform their instructors of exam arrangements that have been made with the Department Liaison.
- Most exams, unless otherwise arranged with the instructor or TA, will be administered by the Department OSD Liaison.
- Students should check in with the Economics Department Liaison (Sequoyah Hall 245) a few minutes prior to the start time of their scheduled exam.
- Students are responsible for abiding by the UCSD rules of academic integrity.
- There may be more than one student utilizing the exam room at the same time, as authorized by the Department Liaison.
- There may be exam-related interruptions by instructors, TAs, or the Department Liaison during the exam.
- The Economics Department is a busy area and the Department Liaison cannot necessarily guarantee a silent testing area. Students may bring standard earplugs (non-electronic) to any exam.
Economics Department Undergraduate Affairs Office
Sequoyah Hall 245
Phone: (858) 534-4698